Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Out of the Blue Clear Sky.




Fallin' right into your hands
Like rain on the desert sand
It's the last thing you had planned
Out Of The Blue Clear Sky”

There is something about a fall day that I can’t explain. There is the crispness of the leaves that allow you hold part of it in your hand knowing if you drop it, it will blow away and not be seen again until next year. The air feels fresher, the lack of humidity is welcome, and when you think it can last forever---or hope that it does---we know what’s behind it.

Every fall I am amazed by the colors; not just of the plants and trees, but also the sky. It is brighter, deeper blue, and it seems to go on forever. I love these days.

Since taking up photography I have come to appreciate the changing of seasons. Whether it’s spring to summer, summer to fall, or even the dreaded winter---there is something about catching Mother Nature at her best. When she is showing off, letting us know she controls our emotions. She does. Figures it’s a woman who has such control.

This time of the year, as I believe I explained a long time ago in an early “Snap.Shot.” used to be a very difficult time for me. I won’t go into specifics, but just like the lyrics above…”The last thing you had planned out of the blue clear sky.” For me, it could not have been better and fall has gone from my least favorite to probably my favorite season of the year. Funny how things change.

The photo above was one that I had to take. Down to my last few frames on my media card, I made sure I saved a couple for this moment that was saying, “Take my Picture.” I did and I am very glad I did. If for no other reason, as I ventured back to this spot a few weeks ago, the scenery has changed---out of the blue clear sky.

Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment