Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Trust me.




"Trust in me, just in me
Shut your eyes and trust in me
You can sleep safe and sound
Knowing I am around."


There are many five letter words in our vocabulary, but few compare with the word "trust." This word has been synonymous with love, hate, and every emotion in between. Certainly we have all had trust broken in our lives; it's unfortunate it has to happen, however when a promise is made, or pact created, sometimes it breaks down. I have done it, had it done to me, and chances are it will happen again. I hope not, but I am also a realist.

In our lives, trust begins at the earliest of ages; even when we are growing inside our mother's body, we trust she will make the right choices to bring out a healthy child. I am sure, even though the information was out there, my mom likely smoked, ate something that gave her indigestion, and then passed it on to me somehow. I don't smoke, never have, so it must not have been too appealing—if she did in fact smoke.However, I do eat…and sometimes I eat foods that come back to haunt me. Sue me, I'm human.

As we move through the years, trust comes in the friendships we form. More than likely it's with new found friends in school as this is our real jumping off point outside of the home. But every day when we come back to the place we know best, we're re-connected with the ones we trust most.

Probably the ultimate test of trust comes when we meet that special person. It might be someone you have no idea is "the one," but there's a bond, connection, an overall weirdness in what you feel. How can this be someone I didn't know and now feel like I have known forever? Got me, just go with it.

Recently I have seen the "trust cycle" at work in many different ways; my nephew who was been living in California is now living with us. Long story, another time. My grandson is showing the signs of love and trust as he is now exploring the railings of his crib—specifically, how to stand, shake, and say to his parents, "Mom and Dad, look at me…can you believe it,  I'm big?" In the back of his mind, maybe the forefront, he knows if he should fall there's someone to catch him…that is how trust works.

The photo above is a phenomena here in the Midwest and other areas around the country. It's a new form of a lending library on many front lawns of homes in our community. No cost to participate, you go up, you look, you remove, and move on. No card, no late fees, just joy…all I can say is, "Trust me" it's true.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment