Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Shades.




"I can see you,
Your brown skin shinin' in the sun,
You got that hair slicked back and those Wayfarers on, baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone."

This time of year, as you walk in the city, more than likely you cannot see anyone’s eyes. The sun is bright, high fashion is part of the scene, and sunglasses are an accessory that lets one person look at another without them realizing you are looking at them. You with me?

I recently bought a pair of sunglasses. I really liked them. The key word here is “liked.” I can’t find them and it has been less than a month of ownership; if they were ten-dollar glasses I would be fine with it, but as you might suspect they were slightly more than that. I am hopeful I will be able to find them before winter---don’t bet on it.

This is for sure not the first time I have purchased sunglasses; it’s also not the first time I have lost, sat on, or misplaced a pair either. Being someone who I would call a very impulsive, get-me-out-of-here shopper, I am not one to spend much time in search of the perfect pair. One time, and this is a story that I have repeated a few times, I went to Neiman-Marcus; I rarely, if ever shop at Neiman’s---I guess I was feeling like I was a rich man that fateful day. I walked in, was approached by a man who looked like he shopped at the store where he worked, and I confidently said, “I am looking for sunglasses.”

Based upon his now confused facial expression, I suspected I was speaking a different language than their average customer. He looked at me and said, “Sir, at Neiman-Marcus we don’t sell sunglasses, we sell sunshades.” I took it in, let it absorb, and thought, “What am I doing here?” I then said, “Thank you, but I suspect these are going to be more than I am looking for” and walked out of the store.

I do not recall where I finally ended up buying a pair, but I am thinking it might have been Kohl’s. I am a Kohl’s shopper and am just fine with it.

As the summer is starting to wind down, Labor Day is staring us in the face, I know the sunglasses will find a location and not move for some time. That is if I find or buy a new pair.

The photo above was taken this past weekend; our 2 youngest and their cousin were out and about wearing their new sunglasses purchased at a fair we went to. A deal we could not say no to. Buy one pair, get two free for $20.00. I should have purchased my own set---that way I could have lost, sat on and misplaced all 3 and be ready for next year’s sunglass purchase in the spring.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment