Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2021

Seasons I love.

 


“Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes

Five hundred twenty five thousand moments so dear

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes

How do you measure? Measure a year?”


You know we’re getting closer to spring when daylight savings time happens; if this is not a right of spring, it sure feels good none the less. I know there have been years where we have received many inches of snow after the first day of spring, so it’s probably just a trick mother nature plays on us when it snows. (After what we have been through for the last year, I would not advise it.)


Obviously we have found out a lot can happen in a year. If there has ever been a time when the word “No” was paramount to our way of thinking, let me help prove this point. Okay, no-sports, entertaining, movies, travel, indoor dining, getting together with friends, swimming pool, life. Yes, it’s been a very interesting place in time and one I do not want to ever visit again!


Prior to the pandemic, seasons were something we cherished. For me, all of the seasons except winter were my favorite. Having grown up in humidity and heat, summer was the time I would look forward to as my time of freedom; I was out of school, we went on vacations, and what was a curfew? Spring and fall were good, but winter was not for me. It’s funny, I guess I talk a good game because I live in the Midwest and although we have 4 distinct seasons— the one I can’t stand, is the longest. 


So why am I not doing anything about it? It has to do with the word, “income.” But once I call it a day, you will likely not see me here in the Midwest any longer unless it is just to visit. Our plans are to move to a place that’s different than anywhere I have ever lived. We are moving to the “land of better weather.” (We don’t know where that will be, but it’s out there somewhere.)


If you have been paying attention to the news, you are well aware that the talk is changing. We are going from “dire to desire” for the good old days. Will they really be as good? I doubt it, but I am pretty confident it will be different than the last five hundred nineteen thousand eight hundred minutes and that’s okay with me.


The photo above was taken a month ago at the Morton Arboretum outside Chicago. The sky was clear, the snow fresh, and the temperature…IT WAS COLD!!! Bring on spring.


Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your musings. Speaking of spring, it is nice enough today that I am working from our back porch right now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete