Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Spring forward.

 


“It's a beautiful morning, ah

Each bird keeps singing his own song

So long

I've got to be on my way now.”


It’s kind of hard to believe when you look back just a short while back, but it’s starting to get warmer. How do I know? Well, I took a walk today and there was not as much snow as yesterday and…wait for it…in 12 days, daylight saving time starts! That is the sign I need and I suspect others do as well.


Sure it happens every year, but it never gets old; when spring comes, it is like a breath of fresh air. Literally. Suddenly we can be indoors, out-of-doors and one day soon, in any door we want as the pandemic “hopefully” becomes a thing of the past. But let’s go outside and enjoy the spring weather. If you have allergies, you will likely say, “What are you kidding?” Since I don’t have them, at least not in away that truly ruins my day, I look forward to seeing the world to come back to life.


I was reading today about baseball and spring training starting. It will be different again this year, hopefully better than last year, but it will happen! Last year on this date, I was in Phoenix, AZ watching the Chicago Cubs play baseball; it was a sure sign of spring and it felt really good to be in the warmth. Hardly did I realize that the world was about to change. 


But, things are getting better and it might be optimistic thinking, but I really believe we will see a much different spring, summer and fall. My only worry, how do we live free again? I am so used to doing things the new way, and it will be as strange to remove masks, and be amongst people like we were. Don’t get me wrong, I can re-learn being alive again, because I can’t wait.


So, as we move forward to better weather, a more open civilization, and life (in part) as we knew it…I hope everyone will remember what we went through, because should this ever happen again, we are going to need to respond fast. I know we can.


The photo above was taken on the patio of our home. A nest was built right outside our screen door and one morning when “Mama bird” was out getting some choice worms for her babies…my iPhone was taking pictures. Now, I don’t speak “bird” but I feel pretty sure these birds are saying…”I am happy it’s spring!”


Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: