Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

The road to somewhere.




It seems often I will take the road I believe is the one that will get me to where I intend to go---and for those of you who remember Kevin in the show, “The Wonder Years” and his ability to guess what’s going to happen, we have something in common. We are wrong.

But that’s okay because it makes life a lot more interesting. I’ll try anyway to rationalize it, can you tell? For example, sometimes I am sure that something is going to happen one way, and it goes the complete opposite way. When I thought I was going to be getting a job offer from one company, I got the dreaded, call, e-mail or note letting me know I was the “bridesmaid.” Again. I was beginning to think after a while I was never going to make it to the alter. I did however. Finally.

What I find to be very interesting is when someone says, “I am not going to do this, or I am going to do that” and sure enough they are wrong. For example, Lebron said he was “going to bring his talent to South Beach” and “bring championships with him.” Oops, wrong. Anthony Weiner was “going to run for higher office.” Oops, wrong. The Cubs are going to “end their drought of 103 years of defeat.” All together now, “oops, wrong.”

But there are many predictions I do believe will come true sooner rather than later; I do believe our economy will get better. Maybe not in the next few months, but sooner than we expect; I also believe this coming election will be one of the ugliest and ridiculous forms of “mud slinging” we have seen. Ever. It will likely cost more than $1 Billion to elect the next President. I could make a suggestion on how to use that money that will really help America. I am sure it would go over real well.

But the one that I believe will be the most difficult for many millions of Americans to handle will be when the NBA and NFL  teams will be sitting on the sidelines as their scheduled dates to start pass us by. Sunday’s will not be the same—and for me, I will really miss the NBA. I suspect compared with the NFL, I am in the minority.

I really do hope they settle their differences; we need to have someone to point fingers at and be upset about during the winter months.

The photo above reminds me of the road we take when we have little or no idea where we are going. Taken at the Morton Arboretum, it is actually a work of art that currently resides in one of the lakes. It is really cool—unlike how I feel when I get lost or once again guess wrong.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment