Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Connection.




"Stretching over mountains
Across the sea
Every star lights the path to you from me
Under deserts
Through the barren plains
Connecting you to me again"

There is an old commercial with the tagline, “A mind is a terrible thing to waste.” Whereas it was for the United Negro College Fund, it’s meaning can really not be conveyed in 30 seconds of sight, sound, and motion.

We are truly blessed to have the ability to think, process and understand very simple and complicated information; I assume it’s one of the reasons we, as a society, have grown to where we are today and where we will be tomorrow.

Okay, enough of the deep thinking, it’s giving me a headache.

Today’s “Snap. Shot.” is all about connecting, and re-connecting, with people you know well, barely know, or in some cases you don’t know if you know them at all.

For the past few years I have entered a lot of words onto a computer screen; at first, I was not sure if anyone read, “Snap. Shot.” so I told a couple of people about it. If they liked something that had been written, or were touched in a certain way, they would forward it to friends. I was flat out stunned. I was connecting with people who would actually spend time reading what I had written.

Then I started getting notes and comments from people letting me know they either enjoyed what I had written or they had been through a similar experience. There is little doubt the entries about my Mom, and her fight with brain cancer, received the most feedback. At first I was not sure being as upfront and personal was a good idea, but then again, there was a choice to read it or not read it. I am glad some have continued.

Yesterday I received a note from an anonymous reader; I completely understand not wanting to place your name where everyone wants to know who you are and what you are writing…it is scary. I should know, I do it.

But, if you are open to it, I would like to know who you are. Just you and me, you can send me an e-mail, and I will NEVER divulge who has written to me. Your notes, and I assume you are the same person writing on a fairly frequent basis, have given me the desire to keep writing “Snap. Shot.” after I had decided to stop after one year of writing. (My e-mail address is mrosenbaum123@gmail.com)

In life we connect with many different people; some are close, some are hundreds if not thousands of miles away, but in the end “A mind is truly a terrible thing to waste” and fortunately we can use our to make life better.

The photo above was taken at a recent family photo session; this little girl has been photographed every time she comes in town to visit her grandparents---they live across the street from us. Recently, when she was in town, she was so animated and “into the moment;” I know for certain she has no idea who I am but for some crazy reason, she let me into her little growing world and allowed me to connect with her. Thank you Claire.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment