Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Life.




“Believe it or not,
I'm walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me.”

Life is funny. No I didn’t originate this line or thinking, but we have all experienced how change can make you wonder, “What the heck is going on here?” Good or bad, change does keep you on your toes, stays front of mind, and makes life a lot more exciting than what I expect a dog, cat or bird experience in their lifetimes. (I have no idea where that comparison came from---perhaps it’s too much of watching our dog lay around and sleep.)

Looking back on the last few years I feel I have become the master of change---not all good---but change, where it rarely ever seemed to occur in my life during my 30s, seems to be a weekly---if not daily---occurrence. For some time I have been looking forward to getting off this roller coaster; but no matter how hard you wish, if it is going to happen, it’s going to happen--- you really have little control.

These past few weeks, one of the reasons you have not seen “Snap.Shot.” on a daily basis, has been because it has been completely over the top crazy. I won’t go into specifics but if life could have done a complete 180, 360 (by the way, doing a 360 means we have come back to our starting point) it has and did. We have seen financial changes, health issues, and everything in between.

This is not a ploy for sympathy or prayers, when I felt I was in the depth of hell, something happened. It turned out to be more than I could have expected---I felt the clouds starting to part and the sun start to make its long awaited appearance. Whether it’s an illusion or reality, it’s not something I have felt in a long time and I am not sure to doubt or accept it. I have chosen to accept it and ride it for as long as I can. Period.

The photo above was taken recently at the Art Museum in Chicago. What I like about this photo is its simplicity and reflection on who we are; we see a part of us every day in everything we do, but in the end what we see is not always who we truly are. We change, we accept, we fight what we don’t like---but in the end, I guess the best way to express it is,  “Believe it or not it’s just me.”

Thanks for stopping by.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you honesty...join the race I HAVE BEEN ON FOR FIVE YEARS. Just when you think this is the wost it makes an even deeper turn. But somehow we are still here and fighting the bad hand dealt to us. Dignity and pride keeps us fighting forward and a lovely lesson of respect for my kids to see. It is nevertheless easy but it is a constant process on how to Always take the time to see and smell the flowers in front of you. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete