Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

American Idol meets Glen Ellyn Youth Soccer.




And babe I tried to make the latest scene,
Hip and cool, just like Jimmy Iovine."

We are one of the millions of households who watch American Idol. Every year in January, we always claim this will be the year we don’t get “caught up” in the show, but once we start, we’re hooked until the finale. We discuss who should go home, who is the best, and now with our youngest they have their opinions and are glued to the tube. 
If you watch the show, you know there have been some recent additions over the past few seasons; sure we know about Steven Tyler and J-Lo, but the one we pay most attention to is Jimmy Iovine. (Yes, that’s how he spells it.) We are still not sure the role Tommy Hilfiger plays in it, but I assume it’s something.
What I like most about Iovine is the real talent he brings to the show. This guy truly knows his stuff and is not afraid to hurt feelings if he needs to. I can only imagine the stress on the performers when before they “learn their fate,” he lets the world know his opinion on their performance. I have no idea how they handle it, but then again I am only watching the screen.
Our daughter Audrey watches American Idol every week; she is not as into it as our youngest daughter, but it seemed appropriate this past weekend when comparing her soon to be game performance (this was before the game) with…”What would Jimmy say and do your best not to end up in the bottom 3.” When I said it, instead of getting the look of, “Oh Dad.” She gave me a huge smile. She thought it was funny---something that rarely happens in our household.
During halftime I looked at her and said, “Jimmy would be proud.” She was the happiest I have seen her at a game---I think I will use this strategy again.
The photo above was taken at a recent game; the lighting was perfect, Audrey did not run away from the ball, and best of all, Jimmy would have said she was not in the bottom three.
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment