Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Hell on the Heart.




“She's as pretty as a picture
Every bit as funny as she is smart
Got a smile that'll hold you together
And a touch that'll tear you apart

When she's yours she brings the sunshine
When she's gone the world goes dark
Yeah, she's heaven on the eyes
But boy she's hell on the heart.”

When you live with as many members of the opposite sex as I do, then you realize no matter how hard you try to be mad at them, they have a way of winning you over with their charm and smile. It must just be their way of getting what they want---which by the way they often do.

Okay, I admit it, I do give in way too much and I do know that it’s not a smart thing to do. But when there are tears---I guess they are real---and you know they are in emotional pain, you just do what you think will make them happy. 

Why are we men so gullible?

I have never been good at putting my foot down as hard as I want to. Sure I can do it at certain times, but all of the girls know they can eventually wear me down; my oldest daughter is quite good at this, and when the other girls witnessed her ability (I was known at one time as A.T.M Dad) they caught on. I have gotten better, but I still have my weak moments.

I think part of my weakness has to do with…I like to make people happy. When it happens to be girls, and how I really wanted them to like me when I was growing up, I guess it has left an impression on me. I wonder what would have happened if I had been thin, a jock, and girls wanting me instead of vice-versa? I probably would have been the same.

The photo above is of one of my daughters. Whereas she is one of 5, and they are all very attractive, I know that when the boys start to come around (and they have for 3 of them) these girls will all be “hell on the heart.”

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment