Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Coming out of the dark.


“Why be afraid if I'm not alone
Though life is never easy the rest is unknown
Up to now for me it's been hands against stone
Spent each and every moment
Searching for what to believe
Coming out of the dark, I finally see the light now
It's shining on me
Coming out of the dark I know the love that saved me
You're sharing with me.”

There are times when life looks like a very small light at the end of a very long tunnel—often we have trouble gauging its distance from where we stand. I think that’s by design.

The expression of “having a dark cloud over you” is very real whether it’s visible to the naked eye or not. When it’s you, and you feel it, there is little doubt this is not a fun time in life.

But when the winds come, and you feel the sun’s rays start to penetrate your world, there is a feeling of “is this real or just a break in the weather?” If you have not been there, then you are probably the luckiest person alive today. Frankly, it’s healthy to go through what I will call challenging times, as it makes you appreciate the good ones all that much more.

These past few years have been cloudy; there have been many good times, some that I would love to forget, and many days in between. I suspect I am not alone.

But, I do believe, and it might be just a break in the weather, that things are going to improve. Not just for me, I mean for Americans who have been decimated by our economy, have lost friends and family members who have been driven into the doldrums, and who are uncertain what the future holds…not just for tomorrow, but miles down the road.

Why do I believe a change is in the air? Because the time has come for a better tomorrow. We have really been socked hard over the past half-decade or more, and the signs, while still murky in some respects, are looking better. Don’t ask me how I know this, it’s just a feeling---and I would rather have this type of feeling than the flip side.

The photo above was taken in California at a beach near Lake Tahoe; certainly this would be considered a “good time” and it was. However, it was not long before this photo was taken that our world was turned upside down with personal illness, job loss, and an economy that refused to let anyone feel a level of comfort. I know clouds come and go, but for anyone who has seen the dark side, let’s hope there really is a brighter light in our future.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment