Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

500 and counting.


“You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles
Not a shirt on my back
Not a penny to my name
And the land that I once loved is not my own
Lord I'm one, Lord I'm two,
Lord I'm three, Lord I'm four
Lord I'm five hundred miles away from home.”

On September 2, 2009, I acted on a personal dare; I was going to write a blog for one solid year. The only I way I was going to stop was if Sports Illustrated would let me shoot as one of their freelance photographers. One event, game, or portrait. Was it that much to ask? I guess it was.

Needless to say, even though I knew someone who worked there, 365 days came and went. Part of me was happy because “Snap. Shot.” became part of my life; part of me was disappointed because it would have been an incredible experience. But here I am and today we are on the 500th entry.

I am really not into celebrating trivial items like the 500th blog, but for this one day, until I reach 1000 entries (if I do), I figure what the heck!

In the first entry there was not a photo, it was very wordy, and I did not close each entry with “Thanks for stopping by.” It was only recently that I decided to include song lyrics. I can’t say for sure that “Snap. Shot.” will stay this way, but right now, I am fine with it.

If there is one surprise, and I have to thank you the reader, it’s that people are actually spending time, hanging out and stopping by, to read “Snap.Shot.”  If someone had asked me if I thought this would happen, I know the response I would have given…”No.”

The photo above was taken at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI. As the Chicago Bulls were giving it to the Bucks, my trusty Nikon was catching memories of the game. I loved every minute of it; oh yeah, just a quick mention to Sports Illustrated, I am still available if you are looking for someone to photograph.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment