Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

It's for you.



"And when she wraps her hand around my finger,
How it puts a smile in my heart,
Everything becomes a little clearer,
I realize what life is all about."

Yes I have a lot of daughters and one is not any more important than the other---but there are differences in each of them that create their individuality. If they have anything in common it would likely be their acting ability because they sure know drama. 

One of my daughters has retailing in her blood. She knows it, loves it and is very good at it. It's not an easy career, but with all of the benefits of being in her position, it fits her like a glove. Our second oldest  has just shocked us with her ability to do so much and do it all well. When she was growing up she was shy---or at least quiet around others. Looking at her now you would never know it. She has more drive in her and she is one really strong photographer. We like that in our household. Although she has made fun of me and the number of photos I take. What does she know?

The next in line did something I would have never suspected. She turned on her computer (actually not hers but who would know that?) and went to YouTube to learn how to play guitar. It doesn't hurt that her father is a very good guitar player (it's not me by the way) and what she has accomplished in less than a year is mind boggling. 

I am going to skip to our youngest because when I think about her, she should live on a farm the way she "milks" it. We should have known early on when she didn't bother to learn to walk until she was 19 months old that she was going to learn how to "handle" us. Worse part, she looks like me so I guess I am the one to blame as I am the youngest in my family.

Then there is our little cook. She loves to make cakes. Not your average from the box kind of cakes, she likes to make ones that are not easy; funny thing about her cooking, and why I think she is a natural, she doesn't eat all the goods. She wants others, her family in particular, to enjoy them. It makes her feel good, and it makes us feel good as we devour them.

The photo above was taken with my iPhone. The photo is not of the greatest quality, but I can assure you the cake was. I am not much of a cook, and I know I will likely never put on the chef hat, but I can say when you bring together all of our daughters, and their brother, it makes having children worth it---no matter how much drama we have to deal with.

Thanks for stopping by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment