Search This Blog

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Enough to take your breath away.



"I breathe in I breathe out
Put one foot in front of the other
Take one day at a time
'Til you find
I'm that someone you can't live without
Until then 
I breathe in and breathe out."

For some, being on the top of the world takes your breath away. For others, feeling like you are left on the ground while everyone seems to be at the top, does the same thing. In other words, life does have its ups and downs.

We all go through these times, and in some ways it seems unfair---but in the end, we get through them by either looking back and exhaling that its over or inhaling the good that has now come our way. There is not one that's better---it's all about breathing. 

With today being Groundhog Day, I turn to Punxsutawney Phil for his advice as I am very tired of winter and I know that spring, technically, is less than 2 months away. I do believe this is a  tough time of the year even though our winter has been less than difficult; snow is something we actually have not woken up to very often. We have a lot of grey days here in Chicago; I should be used to it by now, but for some reason when we have a day like we had yesterday where you could see for miles--today we are lucky if we can see 200 feet. 

I did learn spring, according to Phil, is only 6 weeks away; I am not sure how accurate he really is, but I do know that hope springs eternal and I am very hopeful we will be seeing the buds start to pop and the cold weather start to head north. (I assume it goes there.)

Today is one of those days where we find our own little space and work to stay warm. In our home the fire is burning---it's gas---and we have all found our private space. I am in one room, the kids in another, and my wife is watching one of her favorite shows she recorded for later viewing. (As you might guess, it's not a Chicago Bulls game.)

The photo above was taken at the Willis (formerly known as the Sears Tower) yesterday. A couple in love found what they thought was a nice quiet corner 1700 feet above the ground. By stroke of luck, I saw them and snapped away. When you are standing that high off the ground, and whether you are in love or not, it does take your breath away.

Thanks for stopping by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment