Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Step back in time.


What if we could go back in time?

Unless they invent a machine that really can take you back in time, the likelihood of you being able to take a photo after something has happened is not very good. I really wish you could go back for a moment, capture it and then come back unscathed. I am not sure if it would be great for a photographer because there would be little that could not be shot again.

But, what if you could? Where in time would you go?

I know I would love to re-capture some of the iconic photos that hang on walls throughout the world, but then again, with today’s digital world it would really not be worth the effort; you would have hundreds, if not thousands, of photographers all taking the same photos.

So what would I do? I would go back in time and take photos that would be important to my family. How cool would it be to have a photo of the day when my grandparents came to the U.S.? Or, a photo of my parents being born? Back then cameras may have been found in the delivery room, and even if they were, there is little if anyway chance there would be a picture available----for some reason they get lost over time.

Some of the other photos I would love to have are birthdays that I have missed, cars our family have driven, and any way to document what was a part of our family’s history. I know there are photos my father took as we grew up, but I have no idea where they are and what condition they are in. I am going to investigate one day---I just will need time.

The photo above was taken at a local park. The day my daughter and I went we were able to step into the past and experience a time when we were not only not around, but either were cameras. Of all of the inventions that have been created over time, there are many that are more important than a camera, but nothing captures moments like my Nikon.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment