Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thank you very much x 2.


I would have to assume a town like Las Vegas is big enough to have more than one Elvis. In fact, last night I saw two Elvis’s, Marilyn Monroe, and a man who was dressed from head to toe in gold. I am assuming he is Jewish and goes by the name of “Goldman.” Who knows?

What’s really crazy about all this is I saw all of these characters after 11PM; that’s when things really get started on Las Vegas Blvd. When both Elvis’s appeared, they came by bus---not by limo---and found a nice place to hang out right in front of the Bellagio Hotel. I have to admit, if you are going to take up space in front of a popular gathering spot, the location where the fountains dance is a pretty good selection. It also helps you make more money.

This is really the first time I have spent time in “Vegas” and I am not sure how anxious I am to come back. The reason I am here is for business, but there’s something about the life people lead here that is really different than I am used to; it’s not bad, it’s just such an escape from life that you wonder how people spend more than a few days here. That’s probably the issue, I have been here all week!

One thing this town does offer is good food, plenty of people watching, and best of all some great photo opportunities. This past week I have seen brides---in wedding gowns-- walking around, a man dressed as Gene Simmons of KISS, and some of the wildest outfits you could ever imagine. (Both men and women.)

The photo above was taken last night---these 2 Elvis’s were the hit on the street. The guy in gold was trying to take advantage of their popularity and the money they were making. They were not real happy to see him. I am happy, and relieved, to know that Elvis is alive and well here in Las Vegas---however, I never realized he had so many identical brothers.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment