Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

True Fan.


Okay, I am not big on tattoos, but when you love a team so much you are willing to place a tattoo on your body in support, you had better never lose allegiance or pray they don’t move to a different city.

My daughter’s former t-ball coach has a Chicago Bears image on his leg. There is no missing this drawing when he wears shorts. I have to say, this guy is a Bears fan; think about it, he has to show his passion during the off-season---you don’t wear shorts to Bears games because it is so cold outside. It’s obvious he feels very connected to the Bears, this is a team that during the past several years---except one---has been at best, “in the running .”

One thing I do admire about someone who will put a team logo on their body is they are not a fair-weather fan. We have a lot of them coming out of the woodwork right now in Chicago; as the Blackhawks are in the midst of the playoffs, the interest has gone up as have the ticket prices. If you want to stand at the game it will cost you around $400. Want to sit? Oh you will have to pay an additional $200-$300…if I wanted to sit in seats where I could shoot pictures? It would be better to buy a new TV and take pictures of the TV screen. I wonder if you could tell the difference? I would have to assume if the score were on the screen that might be a give away that I was taking a picture of the TV. Who knows?

If, for some reason, the Chicago Bulls sign LeBron James this summer, you can be sure many Chicagoans will have “Bulls” logos on their arms, legs, and chest. It would probably be best to make sure he actually does sign before you make the “skin commitment.” I don’t think we will see him in a Bull’s uniform, but you never know.

The photo above was taken at a Chicago White Sox game a few years ago. With my wife and kids next to me, sitting almost at the top of the stadium, I looked down to see a Sox tattoo on this woman's back; best part of all, it’s one of the older logos from probably 20 years ago. There is no way she had this done when this logo was on the jersey’s of the players, she was too young, but I guess she feels good knowing this one will likely never go out of style. It's doubtful the Sox will leave Chicago anytime soon---they tried a number of years ago, and instead received a new stadium.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment