Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

A bunch of hot air.






Lately here in Chicago, and most definitely St. Louis last weekend, I experienced what summer is all about---hot, humid weather. There is little doubt St. Louis has won out with some of the most humid and hot weather I have experienced. I wouldn’t say it’s a reason not to travel there, but if you know you are going, prepare because it will be there waiting for you.

While I was there, I took a walk with my son who lives in an area close to the city; I showed up in shorts and a light shirt---he had on jeans and a t-shirt. I looked at him and said, “Do you ever wear shorts?” He said, “I have gotten used to wearing jeans in this kind of weather.” I thought, “I could never get used to this again and I lived there until I graduated college.” In the end, after a fairly long walk, he even admitted he wished he had worn shorts---that’s my boy.

We may not have as hot of weather where I live, but we are blessed with politicians that make up for it with plenty of air coming out. Recently I read in the paper the number of credit cards held by individuals in Chicago government offices, are being cut from 300 down to 50. I am sure the mayor has one, and very high ranking officials in the CTA, Chicago housing authority, and other important offices around the city that require credit card usage. This may come as a shock but some people have been using credit cards for non-city related charges. I know I was just as surprised as you were---who would have thought?

But as bad as our politicians seem to be, they must be worse in New York; it turns out the young man who caught Derek Jeter’s 3000th hit will have to pay taxes for the gifts he received. There goes being a nice guy. He did say he hopes if he is taxed that friends and family---who will likely be using the seats---will help him out. I bet they will---blood is often thicker than hot air when it comes to Yankees tickets.

The photo above was another one taken at the Lisle “Eye to the Sky Festival.” It seemed only fitting that in a Chicago suburb, the hot air would be plentiful. As we know here in the “City of Big Shoulders,” there is plenty of it to go around.

Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment