Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

The latest attraction.




No matter where you travel around the U.S. or the world, there are usually things to see. From the wealthiest nations to the poorest places, if you are looking for something to talk about when you return to your home, you can find it.

Our oldest daughter (at home) is now in Rwanda; I still can’t believe she is there, but after receiving an e-mail from her yesterday I know it was a very good thing that she has explored lands that are probably as far from home as she can possibly get.  In her e-mail she spoke of the fruits and vegetables that are the staple of her diet; she did say she was tiring of the food but was in love with what she was experiencing in her travels. I assume she will just have a burger when she gets back home---but she can never relive what she has seen as the other side of life. She also said she takes showers with a bucket---and cold water---oh this must be a shock.

I have been asked where I would like to travel? Most people think because I am really into photography that an exotic place would be high on my list. Actually there are several places in the U.S. that I would like to see before I venture off to other areas of the world---some are very obtainable, others are a bit trickier. For instance, I would love to photograph at Yankee Stadium from where the sports photographers are found; I am not a huge Yankees fan but somehow being able to shoot photos in an iconic stadium is very appealing to me.

I would also love to shoot in the painted desert and venture to see some of the rock formations in Utah; these would not take long to accomplish, it’s more of a situation of getting there. But there is little doubt the number one place I would like to shoot pictures would be Mt. Rushmore. Not from below---but from the side. If not this, I would like to shoot the Joffrey Ballet--- talk about being at the opposite ends of the spectrum these two “landmarks” would be incredible to capture. One is doable, the ballet is probably not; I have tried….no luck.

The photo above is one of the newest attractions here in the “Windy City.” It is only fitting because of Marilyn Monroe’s skirt being blown upward in this famous re-creation of her film, “The Seven Year Itch;”given the looks on many of the passerby’s faces, and the way they have stood underneath it looking upward, they are just fine with this new addition to our town!

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment