Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

There is no grey area.


Of course I can not say I am surprised by the admission by Mark McGuire that he took steroids. If you saw pictures of McGuire when he played for the Oakland A's you would see a much smaller, leaner player. This same player hit 49 home runs his rookie season, so you know he must have the talent to pop the ball out of the park.

I saw McGuire play when he was with the Cardinals and he was a very big man. He also seemed to be a caring man---at least by appearance. I really don't know much about his personality but I did enjoy the relationship he had on the field with his son. To hear my Mom say it when he was in the home run race with Sammy Sosa, she would say he was such a good man and loved and cared for his son and the city of St. Louis. I don't know what his true feelings are about St. Louis, but I do know he will be well received by the city because that's the way the town is.

We were joking in the office today about this situation; one of my associates said that the one guy who did not "juice" was Ken Griffey, Jr. I asked how he knew and he said, you just know it. This is the same guy who missed many games during the seasons he played. I don't know much about "Junior" but he did have a beautiful swing.

The photo above is from the 500 section at U.S. Cellular in Chicago. Jim Tomme, the former Chicago White Sox player, hit a home run. The picture maybe in Black and White, but the photo is very colorful just the same. I do wish the game was not so questionable as I really did like the race during the 1998 season. It's too bad it will for sure carry an asterisk.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment