Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

No place that far.





“I can't imagine, any greater fear
Then waking up, without you here,
And though the sun, would still shine on,
My whole world, would all be gone,
But not for long,

If I had to run, if I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundred rivers, just to climb a thousand walls,
Always know that I would find a way, to get to where you are,
There's no place that far.”

Somewhere deep inside everyone, there is the yearning for completeness---it’s what makes us human and it’s what makes us look forward to the future. Yes there are times when everything looks bleak, but if you keep looking forward, and remember what made you who you are today, you will find there is an inner strength that will even surprise those who are down as deep as one can go.

That was heavy.

It was not long ago when this time of the year marked for a darkness I did not enjoy. I knew every year it could come, and some years it did, and some it didn’t. I didn’t know what to expect, all I knew was it could come. Obviously this is personal and I won’t go into detail, but as I look back on the times long past, I realize how far I have come and how my life has turned. Not as someone who has gained, but someone who has lost something that I realized was not good for me.

When you find what you know you really need, you fight for it---and I did. I needed to find that inner peace that had left me and was no longer a part of who I was---when it came back, it was like an old friend coming home. Not for a visit, but a permanent vacation. Sure there have been challenging times, we all have them, but there is the “need factor” that comes with being who you are and who you want to be. I am not needy, I am wanting—and when I want something I make sure I go for it.

The photo above is of my daughter Audrey. She is not a competitive swimmer, she just likes it. But, she does give it her all when she swims in a meet but what I love most about her is--- she is my daughter. And just like every member of our family I hope she knows, “If I had to run, if I had to crawl if I had to swim a hundred rivers, just to climb a thousand walls, always know that I would find a way, to get to where you are, there's no place that far."

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment