Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Take care of your teeth.




This may not be the most appealing topic to write about---I have written about my dentist before---but taking care of your teeth is not only important for your health, but it makes you more attractive.

The other night I was watching an interview on one of the many channels we have on U-Verse, and saw a rapper talking about something he has done or why his statements through music are up there with the Gettysburg Address. The reason I don’t remember specifically what he said is, I was staring at his teeth. They had “grills” on them---all metal and straight across his entire top of his mouth.

Teeth, of course, are important for many reasons. They help you chew food, protect you from bad people should you need to bite them, and let’s face it,  a smile does go a long way.

If you recall from a previous “Snap. Shot.” I am not a big fan of going to the dentist; it’s not that I don’t understand the need to go, it’s just one aspect of my life---among a few---that I do not enjoy. I actually do know people who enjoy the every 6 month routine, I am just not one of them.

This month has been a busy one for our youngest daughter; if all goes as plan she will have major gaps in her mouth. We have the tooth fairy on high alert as she has probably 5 teeth that are as we say, “wiggly.” When you are young, it’s exciting. However, as we know, when you have already lost them as planned, and you lose them again, that’s not good news.

A long time ago, and I know of a photographer who photographed an advertisement, for a liquor company. It was only funny because as the man in the advertisement stared at you, with one tooth left in his mouth, you could not help but smile as it read, “Fortunately this man only has one cavity.”

The photo above was taken of an usher at a recent Chicago Cubs game. I didn’t take it to be mean or make fun of her. I took it because I felt it told a good story. This woman is comfortable with who she is…or she never would have a job that took her out in public. I am not sure I would want the kiss she appears to be blowing…but she did show me to a great seat at the game and I am fine that was our last encounter.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment