Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Get a room.

 


“It's that pivotal moment

It's, ah, subliminal

This kiss, this kiss (it's criminal)

This kiss, this kiss.”


Okay, chances are we have all done it. If not, you are either underage, or I have nothing more to say on the topic.


Your first kiss most likely happens when you are born. First your Mom, then your Dad, siblings others and so on. Although right now with the pandemic, maybe just Mom and Dad. How unfortunate to have these restrictions—because a kiss brings on trust, love, bonding and that lasts forever.


When I was much younger, I was very into raising tropical fish. Although I never saw them do this,I did have two fish which were known as “Kissing Gourami’s.” Supposedly, and this was nothing intimate, they would come together and plant one on each other. I can assure you, if two people came together and were trying to kiss the way these fish do, it would be one and done. 


Since we’re on the topic of tropical fish, I did have some very memorable times raising them. One time, when my parents took me on a trip to Florida, I actually brought a fish back home with me on the plane. Although it didn’t need a ticket, it accompanied me on the flight in a white bucket; the fish was in a bag, but I assure you the flight attendants thought it was weird. It made it, lasted about 4 months, and then met its final resting place though the pipes of our toilet.


My favorite fish story, and this is true, was when both of my non-biological daughters decided to name their two bettas after their Dad and myself. That night, as the fish bowls had been placed next to one another, Bill jumped into Mark’s bowl. The next morning, Mark was dry, brittle and dead. They came down and said, “Mom, Dad killed Mark.” We still tell that story.


The photo above is from Sarasota, Florida. The monument is a recreation of Alfred Eisenstaedt’s “The Kiss.” After World War II, when the soldiers came home, magic moments were made all over the U.S. and in Times Square, NY. The couple walking by the statue obviously understand what it is all about, but they don’t need to be reminded with a crying child in tow.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment