Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Circle of Life.





“From the day we arrive on the planet

And blinking, step into the sun

There's more to be seen than can ever be seen

More to do than can ever be done.”


From the moment we come into this world, we learn there’s change waiting for us. We have good days, not as good days, and bad days—hopefully the good always outweigh the bad. 


You would think we would have experienced most everything by the time we reach adulthood, but anyone reading “Snap.Shot.” would know that is so far from the truth. I think if this were the case, our lives would not only be mundane, but somewhat useless. I mean, I need to learn how to drive a stick shift car before I go!


I was present when my children were born and all I can say is…it was truly a miracle and unlike anything I had ever experienced. It also proved to me that if men had to go through birthing, our society would be over. When I think about this “circle of life” and where it leads, we are truly blessed to be here.


What I appreciate most about aging, and there is a benefit, is the opportunity to learn from our experiences. I think about how I react to situations and I know if I didn’t have my parents, mentors or friends, I would be completely lost.


Probably one of the most important examples of what I learned, and it happened many decades ago— was how my Dad showed me how to treat people with dignity. Those who are truly down on their luck, had little to look forward to, and had no idea where they are going to get their next meal. This was something I had never even considered, and boy was it eyeopening. What he did for me is still completely instilled inside and it shows the kind of man my Dad was! 


We all need to be true to ourselves, and we need to put forth the energy and conviction to do good for our families, friends and even those we don’t even know. This is not a religious statement, it is a human one. 


The photo above was done through a piece of digital software. To me it signifies how every day from the east a new day begins; and in the end, over the hours we spend going from morning to night, so much happens and it makes the next day that much more exciting.


Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment