Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2020

The hidden truth.




“Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air

I never thought I could feel so free

Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer

Who could it be?

Believe it or not it's just me.”


Life is pretty amazing. We think we have a really good understanding of it, and then we quickly learn we don’t. I know I have said a number of times, “I wish I knew the end, and then I would just live it up until the time I call it a day.” I know of no one who has that ability, and if they do, I don’t want any part of it.


But I am not going to talk about life and death in “Snap.Shot.” today, I am going to look at what’s hidden right in front of us each day.


Although I have not been doing this lately, when I walk to work in Chicago I like to look around and notice things I may not have seen the day before, a week earlier, or ever…even though I have a habit of taking to same path. But then it will happen. I will see a sign on a building, a new store I swear was not there yesterday, but for some reason I  see the same person who was there the morning before. The sad part, I often am seeing them in their home, because they live on the streets of Chicago.


Right now we are battling a virus we can’t see, but we know is out there. We now wear masks, stand apart, and for most of us avoid any type of interaction out of fear of hurting ourselves, loved ones, and even strangers. Who would want to be the one to say, “It’s my fault!” Not me.


Hiding behind a “mask” is nothing new; we do it without even wearing one by not showing our true emotions when we fear the results may be too hard to accept or will be too painful. If this is something that you deal with, be assured we all do. 


I have worked hard to be who I truly am and I can assure you as strange as I can appear to be, I am glad I talk to strangers and just be myself. That’s today. Tomorrow might be the complete opposite. It’s allowable and we can’t fear being ourselves. One way or the other, you have a true side and showing it is well worth it.


The photo above was taken along a highway in Northern Ohio. I remember seeing it and I turned around and knew I had to take a picture. What attracted me to it was not just the beautiful trees, it was the blue tractor. You see, it was there all the time but was hidden by the other beautiful things taking center stage.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment