Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2020

You? or Me?

 



“I wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I

Wanna talk about number one, oh my me my

What I think, what I like, what I know

What I want, what I see.”


Perhaps you’ve met someone who is really into themselves. Of course you have, we all know of someone and we roll our eyes with some of the comments they make. It’s when we do the same when we don’t understand.


As a member of the male species, I know we are always talking about ourselves. Especially when you are surrounded by a lot of females, who confirm it. I am partially ashamed to admit this, but we have been watching “The Kardashian’s” in our home. It’s not my idea, and to me it’s just background noise, but that show takes talking about yourself to a new level. 


I never knew a family could have so many issues, with so many different “characters” involved in the process. I shouldn’t be surprised, but I just had never watched it before—it’s my youngest daughter who is suddenly hooked. This is something that’s going to end very soon as there is no redeeming value in this show.


Don’t get me wrong, I have been known to watch some garbage; so in many ways you can say because I am watching it, and I continue to watch it, it must be all about me. Okay, it is. Sue me.


As we move toward New Year’s revolutions, I am going to work at doing some good. I would love to give back more often, and offer what I can to help people in need. I am not sure what it will be, but I hope I live up to it.


The photo above was taken in Detroit a couple of years ago; as we move into 2021, and we look forward to what’s ahead, I will be happy to focus on you and not me!


Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment