Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2020

Ready any good books?




“One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small

And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall.”


When we learned of the impending pandemic, I decided I was going to read more. I was going to read a lot more. I bought a book on Amazon I was told was really good, started to read it, and I stopped. I really wish I hadn’t, but I just couldn’t get in the mood to do it.


I have never been an avid reader. My Dad was and I believe my sister and Mom were…my brother? Well, we have a lot in common.


Reading is an adventure…it allows you to escape and spend time with your mind. What I think has really killed it for me are the diversions that are in my life…whether it is the computer (which you can read on), work or taking pictures. If there has been an excuse, I have found it and used it not to read.


I know I am not alone with my thinking. I went to a Barnes and Noble store the other day and it was nothing like I remembered from holidays of the past. In other words, there were no lines, fewer books, and really little that had caught my attention. At this time, since the election is now passed, there are countless books about the politicians, government, and what’s next. This is after the election!


What I am in the mood to read, and I am going to find it, is a book where I can completely escape; if any one reading today’s “Snap. Shot.” has any suggestions, please let me know. I prefer fiction and biographies by the way!


The photo above was taken at a book store in Chicago a few months ago. When I saw this, it reminded me of a friend who has since passed away and his love for record albums; these are books of course, but at one point we had discussed my taking pictures of his record albums in his home. It never happened—-it reminds me,  I need to get a good book.


Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment