Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tiger.


Let’s face it Tiger Woods has had better weeks. But as bad as this week seems to be, I am sure there are more challenges ahead---the golf season will begin in a few months and he will see signs and hear his name in ways he never thought he would hear and see it. We live in a period of time where there is little that is hidden or not discovered by the media.

Thinking there’s no way they will be caught was a lesson Gary Hart (he ran for President in 1984 and was caught with Donna Rice aboard the boat named, “Monkey Business”), Elliot Spitzer, Bill Clinton and many other high profile people have thought---they were wrong. But in the end life does move on, the media circus leaves town and the next big think happens. What Tiger needs now is something huge to happen so he can move out of the spotlight. I think he still has some mending to do with his corporate sponsors, fans, oh and his wife.

The craziest thing about all of this is, I think we honestly thought this was something Tiger Woods would never do. He has a beautiful wife, has made hundreds of millions of dollars by doing what he loves most, and is the world’s best golfer. Why does he need more? Because like all of us, Tiger is human; but we often forget that when we look at athletes and celebrities. These are our idols, the people we place on such a high pedestal that the goal when they are up there is to knock them down and watch them wither around in pain. We then wonder how could they do that to us?

Since I don’t play golf, am not worth hundreds of millions of dollars, however I do have a beautiful wife and family (1 out of 3 ain’t bad) I doubt I am on anyone’s pedestal. Yet you can be sure there's someone out there who will look at me, you or anyone else and just wait for us to fall. It’s part of human nature—the dark side of human nature. Honestly what Tiger did was stupid, but it’s such old news that it’s kind of hard to understand why it becomes such a big deal when it happens. Of course, most mortal human beings are not Tiger Woods, and Tiger Woods is not your average human being. He is being tracked, sought after, and pounced on---in this instance Tiger is being attacked like he does other players on the golf course. Unfortunately there is no 18th hole at this time where he can walk off the course.

The photo above is of a mother tiger and her cub. This was taken a couple of years ago and I can tell you that cub is no longer the cute little playful cat he appears to be---he weighs hundreds of pounds, is sleek and can attack a piece of meat faster than you could ever imagine.

Under no circumstances do I feel what Tiger Woods did was right; but I assure you in 2010, or possibly even before the end of the year, someone of Tiger’s caliber will be in the news with a similar story. Why? Because they never thought they would get caught. If it does happen, and I have my Nikon with me, I will turn and walk away. I really don’t think it’s any of my business.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment