Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The secret.


We all have them in our lives. Some are deep and some, well they might as well be on the surface because you can't hold them in. A secret is probably one of the most trusting bonds two people can have, or unless you are 12 years old, and then it's more like what 30 people know. Let's face it, telling a lot of people a secret at that age, lets everyone know what you are thinking or confiding.

As surface as secrets can be there are many that are very deep and personal. Just today, and I am not sure how this happened, I sat in a Barnes & Noble Bookstore trying to work; a woman who was sitting on one of the chairs next to me proceeds to tell me deep dark secrets about her family. She lives in a shelter, had a $500,000 necklace given to her from her Mom, and her family basically murdered her Mother and banished her so she would not report it to the police. I really could not wait to get out of there, but I was waiting for something to download---I got up and said, "I have a meeting I have to attend, it was nice to meet you." I didn't look back.

My favorite kind of secrets are the ones the kids will tell me. "Daddy, I have a secret and you can't tell"---it usually has to do with something that is being given to me, or something that was broken and more than likely I will be finding out about it when it's discovered. One way or the other, it's fun to be in on a secret, as long as it is not like the one in the paragraph above---that was just too weird.

The photo above was taken a few months ago when a family friend was in town from L.A. What I love most about this photo is the innocence and smile; when you are in on a secret, you are someone special It's always important to listen to what the secret is---otherwise you goof it up. I have done it before, many times, and the outcome makes me look like a fool. Like the time I accidentally mentioned that someone was pregnant and her husband didn't know.He did when I when I was done as he stood right next to me. Not a good time to be in the know, when you know, someone doesn't know. You know?

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment