Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Dream on.



Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true.”

Last week, for the first time in a while, I was having some really crazy dreams.
Dreams that I could not understand 100% completely, just that they were quite vivid and in some ways quite confusing.

The one where I woke up thinking, “what the heck was that all about?” involved a conversation with an old associate I worked with a few years back. He had the wonderful task of letting me know my job was gone; the funny thing about the moment was---I still really liked him with no ill feelings. Yes, it was creating a life change I had never experienced, but there was no way I could be upset with him.

Move ahead 3 years and I contacted him last week.

Why?

I had to tell him about this crazy dream I had; I said, “I just want you to know I rarely think about that moment when suddenly I was out of a job but I had a dream about you.” At the point when my job was in the past, my focus became helping my Mom and Dad deal with much worse news ---my Mom had brain cancer. In some ways it was a gift to spend more time with them, in other ways it was a very challenging time to get my life on track. I made it, she did not.

What really surprised me by the conversation with my former associate was, what he told me. He said, “Mark I still feel bad about the decision to let you go.” I said, “Give me a break.” He said, “Ask people and they will tell you.” I was very happy we had spoken because it truly put some needed closure to a painful time in my life.

Dreams are funny---you think that there is no truth to them, but then you have a conversation like I had and you wonder why it all happened? On Saturday I had another dream, thankfully all I remember was it was just very vivid and one I am happy I didn’t remember because I don’t think it was a good one; but then again, I don’t remember so I can’t say for sure.

The photo above was taken at the Ringling Brothers show a few years ago. Just like a dream, we are often hanging by a thread on what life will bring us. All I know is, when it comes to what I learn from those moments when I am asleep---I know there are times when dreams really do come true and hopefully all for the better.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment