Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Think. Different.



Hey! It's your tomorrow
(Right now)
Come on, it's everything
(Right now)
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything”

Often I will say, “I will get to this tomorrow.” I know I am not alone with this comment, but since I write, “Snap. Shot.” I will go first in admitting it.

If there is anything precious in our life to consider, it’s that time will not stop, wait, or slow down for any of us. If we intend to make a move, we have to do while we can. I have learned too many times if you let it pass you by, you just might regret you did.

I was watching a biography on Steve Jobs last night. I only saw about half of it but it reinforced one more time---you don’t have to invent something to make it better. You just have to make it something someone will want to have. Or in the case of Apple, something millions will want to have. Apple’s way of bringing this to our world is “Think Different.”

We all need to think different---or at least I do. We get stuck in ruts, feel there is little we can do that will make a mark on the world, and well---in 9 out of 10 times, we are right, we can’t really do too much. But you can make a mark on smaller worlds---your community, your family, or whatever you feel needs your “fingers” placed upon it.

This week I have 2 presentations at work; they are not Earth shattering, but they are different. I like when they are different because I know one of two things will happen when they are presented---I will get a look of “Are you kidding me?” or “Why didn’t we think of that!” Either way, it’s planting a seed---letting people know you are here to step up to the plate and be nothing like the next person who was just in presenting. I have no idea what the outcome will be---I just know what it should be.

The photo above was taken at the Air and Water Show in Chicago—as a plane ascends straight up into the atmosphere, it reminded me that yesterday was the anniversary of the first orbit in space. It has been 50 years. When John Glenn was strapped in his seat, with enough power behind him to propel him into space, I suspect he was dealing with both fear and exhilaration. Something we all need to think about as we contemplate tomorrow; so instead of thinking about what’s going to happen, let’s try and do it right now.

Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment