Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Clouds.


I really like clouds. A lot. I like to look at them as they float by and try to determine if they are mean clouds, fun clouds, or the kind of clouds that are going to make my life not as happy for a day or two.

Today the clouds have decided to take the last option as a snowstorm is hitting Chicago. I am in New York and even though it is well above freezing, I know these clouds are moving our way---and they are not done wreaking havoc on my ability to get home.

This evening I went in to New York City and took pictures---if you have been to Grand Central Terminal you know it I has an energy that is different from other commuter train stations; it is alive. In addition, when you take a picture there, you get the “ghost look” where it appears there are only legs on the body walking by. It’s all about the camera and the speed of the lens, but it really is a fun shot. What would I like to shoot more? I want to photograph snow-covered streets with blizzard like conditions. If I was not by the airport I would be there. I am going to see if I can get there tomorrow, but I would think it’s too far of a trip. You will know---it will be the subject of Snap. Shot. for sure.

I am really hoping the clouds that are moving up from the south and in from the west decide to spare New York; I suspect this is not going to happen this time. Last weekend a storm came up 30 miles short. Instead of 2 feet of snow, they got rain.

The photo above was taken in the heartland---where when the snow comes, it comes hard and fast. What I like about weather are the clouds; sometimes they are fun, sometimes they mean business, but you can be sure they are always doing something that are memorable; I suspect tomorrow will be a memorable day in New York City.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment