Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Huh? What?




“In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I'm lovin' you
In a gadda da vida, baby
Don't you know that I'll always be true.”

 There are times when we have no idea what we just said or why we said it. If this has not happened to you, I have made up for you more than one time.

I have figured out that being a multi-tasker is not always my calling. I often times will try to tackle more than one thing at a time, and because of this, I make statements that even I cannot figure out how could have possibly been said, written or communicated in any way.

Usually this happens when I am on the phone and trying to type an e-mail; but today I am happy to report I was on the receiving end. I had written an e-mail to a business prospect last week and his response caused me to re-read what I had written. When I wrote back he said, “I am so sorry, you received the wrong e-mail.”

I let him know he was not alone; one time, as I explained, “I wrote an e-mail requesting a meeting and explained I was right around the corner from his office here in Chicago.” Turns out he was located in Cincinnati. The funny thing about it was---he was really angry that I had made the error.  Needless to say, we never met; he didn’t want to, and I can say with honesty I was not looking forward to it either.

As a teenager, everyone I knew loved the drum solo of the song, “In a gadda da vida.” We had no idea what the lyrics meant, but there was little doubt that the drummer’s 9-minute solo was the coolest thing we had ever heard; only during the past few years did I learn the lyrics were actually “In the Garden of Eden.” Boy he must have been off on a different planet when he stepped up to the microphone to record the song.

The photo above was taken one snowy, rainy day in Chicago—typical of our weather at times, it could not make up its mind what it wanted to bring the citizens of Chicago this day. For the man who didn’t have an umbrella, he learned it doesn’t matter, he got wet.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment