Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Landslide.



Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older and I'm getting older too
Oh, I'm getting older too.”

Change can be overwhelming---until you try it, and find out it might have just been the best move you have ever made. It’s not for everyone, and unless you are ready for both sides of what can happen, it’s nothing to joke around with.
I know about changing, I know it all too well. Not an expert, just someone who has taken the dive and seen what lies ahead in the unknown. In some respects it has been great, in others, it’s been very hard. But as I look back on what I have done, and why I have done it, I am glad I did. Most days.

Nearly 5 years ago, almost to the day, I decided to make a career change; I didn’t leave the industry I was in, I just ventured out to learn more about it and whether or not more lie ahead for me. Right from the beginning I knew there was so much out there I didn’t know; however, I also saw my net, which had been there for many years, disappear before my eyes. Not known as a tightrope walker, it was really an eye opener.

But there was something I had to remember…this was my choice, my dream, my look into deep space. (Okay a bit extreme). What I saw was more than I could have imagined. Some of it was great and some of it not what was promised.

So I was going to set out and make the changes I needed, to make my mark, set a tone for the future, and make a difference; that is not an easy thing to do and unfortunately as hard as you try, and as right as you think you might be, there are others who may not feel the same. I still have learned more in these 
5 years than I would ever have learned without taking the first step.

So what do I have now? I have a much more interesting life, one that has become more diversified, yet even more challenged as I not only have seen the net disappear, most of the people who were holding the net are no longer in place or in some respects, living. Five years seems like a short time---but a lot can happen.

The photo above was taken at Navy Pier in Chicago; in the middle of winter, no one was around to see if there was any difference between this ride during the height of summer and what was taking place right at this moment in time. Like everything in life, what appeared to be the same, was actually different than the last time we were there.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment