Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Space Between.




"The Space Between
Where you're smiling high
Is where you'll find me if I get to go
The Space Between
The bullets in our firefight
Is where I'll be hiding, waiting for you
The rain that falls
Splash in your heart
Ran like sadness down the window into...
The Space Between
Our wicked lies
Is where we hope to keep safe from pain."

They say "there is a small space between pleasure and pain;" certainly this takes on many connotations, but throughout life we do have our time of pleasure and our time of pain. Somewhere there is a space between, one I believe where we live the majority of our lives. 

Think this is heavy? My son is getting married on Saturday; for many years I have witnessed his life from the front lines to the sidelines, and I am happy to say come Saturday, "pleasure" is what's on tap. On this day, there is no space between love and happiness.

We live our lives in many respects bouncing around from certainty to worry and back again---these times we are living in have been challenging. I wish I could say they have all been euphoric, but one thing I promise to the readers of "Snap. Shot." is honesty. Since I began writing back in September of 2008, I knew I would probably divulge more information than I ever thought I would, to people I didn't know, didn't know if I knew, and was not sure I would ever know. But I was going to make sure I wrote what was on my mind and share it with whom ever wanted to read it. 

So here you go.

My son Jason was my first born. He came into this world kicking and screaming---I was amazed at the capacity of his lungs and how loud he was for someone so small. Now, nearly 28 years later, I have learned so much about life from this individual---he has completely enriched my life with his sense of humor, commitment to things he really believes in, and most of all, making sure when he makes a decision he lives, loves and stands by it. Jason my son, when it comes to your soon-to-be wife, "you done good." (Yes I know this is not grammatically correct.)

This week I heard from Lauren, my soon to be daughter-in-law's Mom. She had requested a photo of Jason with his Grandmother---my Mom. What she said says so much about the family he is going to be entering---she wrote, "Any chance you could get me a picture of your Mom? I am putting pictures of Lauren's Dad and all of her grandparents on the guest table and would like to put one of your mom there too."

How cool is that?

The photo above will be at the guest table greeting everyone who will be joining Lauren and Jason for this happy occasion. In the time it takes to say, "I do" and know it's for the rest of their lives, tears will flow, love will shine, and everyone who has ever loved Lauren and Jason during their lives will be present, letting them know there is no space between their love and those that love them so much.

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment