Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Remind me to never run for President of the United States


I don't get it. Why would anyone want to be President of the United States?

It seems you are very popular for a short period of time and then you are attacked from every which way. I read today that President Obama's approval rating has dropped. I think part of the problem is people anticipated things would turn around very quickly, and it just has not been fast enough. Now I don't want to get into politics because I really don't know a lot about them, but I do know that even though the recession has been declared officially over, there are millions of people who are saying, "It is?"

These are the same folks who were out of a job during the last month or two when the recession was still around---they are still out of a job yet the recession has now been declared over. I just can't wait for America to be back on its feet again---prosperity is wonderful, we just need to keep it all in perspective and not fall into what we have experienced over the last couple of years. Because once we go back to our ways of old, it is like a bad habit, it just keeps coming back.

So back to running for President. I have to believe that since we now live in a global economy and can not hide from anything thanks to all forms of media, being President is worse than living in a fish bowl as everyone has the fish food and can decide when to feed you (and when to pull the food back.) It's probably one of the reasons why the President ages faster than any human being during the 4 to 8 years in office--- yet I assume there are benefits of being the President. You eat well, have a driver wherever you go, and never have to wait for an airplane. Not bad, still not worth it to me.

I have said to my kids, "Please do not run for office unless it is a Senator." As a Senator, you are well paid and you can remain in office for a long time. I am not too worried none of them have shown any interest.

The photo above was taken on a very dark and ominous day in Washington DC. Seems like nothing has changed since I took the picture. There are much better days ahead...I am ready when ever they decide to get here and stay for a while.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment