Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

The bath.


There is something about a bath that is very relaxing. Maybe it’s the warm water wrapping around your body like it did before you were born and were in the womb, or maybe it’s just the opportunity to relax. I am not sure and I rarely take them, but when I do, I enjoy it.

Now, take a look at kids and look at how they love baths. They bring in the toys, the play with the soap, and probably one of my favorite things to do is take a picture when their hair is sticking straight up thanks to water and shampoo creating that hysterical hairdo. We have many pictures of this look, but they are not 100% proper for “Snap. Shot.”

When the kids were younger, they sometimes ended up with baths in the kitchen sink. They were much safer, at a higher level, and easy to maneuver---those days are well past us now, but I do remember one time when coming into the kitchen to see our older daughter with her legs dangling over the side with a huge beaming smile on her face. I know she wanted to be back to where she was a while back, and her little sister now occupied the sink. Oh we have pictures of that too. But unlike the hair ones, these focused on her feet with her face in a blur in the background.

Recently my wife and daughters gave our dog a bath in the tub/shower I use in the morning. Although it was clean, seeing the dog shampoo on the shelf made me think about what I was potentially putting in my hair. Sure, I know nothing would happen if I used it, I would certainly rid myself of any flees, but to see him in the tub and his expression was priceless. He was happy for all of the attention but he really wanted out of the tub. He shook his big body and was out in a flash. No more waiting for him….he was done.

The photo above was taken on a very hot day at the zoo. For an animal that’s used to cold climates it has to be very difficult in the sweltering heat. I do know one thing, and I suspect the person who did this learned a very valuable lesson, do not go in the cage or open area with a Polar Bear. You won’t win. Just like this bear who was enjoying a bath, I am sure we will have several taken in our house this weekend---maybe, just maybe, I will be taking one of them.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment