Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fairies, Leprechauns, and other childhood friends.


I have some news, kids still believe. Yep, they believe in the Easter Bunny, Fairies and Leprechauns this time of year. Ask my daughter where the Easter Bunny lives and she will tell you he lives in Kansas. As in the state of Kansas; the Tooth fairy by the way pays her taxes in Iowa. I think it’s important to know the states, so why not let them know who lives in them! Santa still live in the North Pole by the way, and Leprechauns, well…I am not sure where you will find them outside of Ireland. (That gives her some knowledge of Europe as I see it.)

I was asked about the height of a Leprechaun yesterday. She wanted to know if she was taller than one, or were they taller than her? I let her know they both were about the same height---but she would grow to be taller. She liked that answer. Whew.

In our household we have had fairy parties at least 3 times; one I know was a “fairy tea party.” The others, of what I recall, were just your plain ol’ average “fairy parties.”

When I was growing up we didn’t have fairy parties; we had baseball, bowling and other types of “shindigs” but certainly nothing that would be for girls. One thing I do remember when I was very young, was my obsession with G.I. Joe. I had several of them. I hate to admit it, but some of them had parts dismembered; one Joe had an arm removed another a head and so on. All in all, he lived to tell about it, even if there was nothing above his neck.

Sometimes looking back I know these were some of the best imaginative times of my life; being in the marketing/advertising business you do have the ability to dream and stare off into space and that’s actually work! I have come up with some of my best ideas driving on the highway, in the shower or on long walks. When I think about how deep in thought I have been while driving, it scares me at times. Especially if I have driven 75-100 miles and wondered how I got there.

The photo above is of our youngest daughter; I think she is making sure her wings are on straight and her fairy look is complete. I hope kids never stop believing in fairies, leprechauns and G.I. Joe---it’s very healthy and let’s face it, it makes for some great childhood memories. Especially when you take pictures----something I enjoy doing if you have yet to figure that out.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment