Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Fun House.


Long before I came into this world, there were fun houses at carnivals and fairs. With floors that twist and turn, and the need to really pay attention to what you are doing, all prove to be the making of a really fun time. When the carnival comes back to our town this spring, and it will, very little will have changed; it’s all part of the experience that over time has proven to be a sure fire way to attract people and their money.

As long as the kids are happy, I am happy.

There are foods that are served at carnivals that I have no idea how they came into existence, but they are a staple. Whether it’s the corn dog, cotton candy, or fried dough, they all make their way from the food stand to your hand to your stomach. Unfortunately when you combine all 3 sometimes they do not make for an ideal experience. I am sure you know what I am talking about.

I have seen people turn many shades of different colors when they get off some of the spinning rides or better yet, the rides that offer you the opportunity to be upside down, sideways or back and forth. As I sit here and write this, the feeling is coming back, and it’s not a good one. But for some reason, the carnivals know what people want and they deliver it.

The photo above was taken at Navy Pier in Chicago. As you walk through the pier you will find numerous photos, stained glass, and other renderings to stop you along the way. But for my little daughter, all it took was the mirrors to get her attention. As most of us know, the mirrors make you stretch and the laughs that come with it are very fun. Kind of like the fun house I remember so well.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment