Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring forward.


If you have been reading “Snap. Shot.” for any period of time, you probably know I am a big fan of spring, summer and fall. Winter is not, and never will be, my favorite time of the year. I do know people who just love the cold weather, snow, and miserable grey days---I am sorry to tell them, it’s on the verge of being behind us for the next 6+ months.

For someone who really likes the change of season from winter to spring, I had no idea this past weekend was the start of daylight savings time. Although earlier than it was just a few years ago, for me this time of the year signifies life and another fresh start. How can you beat that?

Sure for the last 24 hours I have felt a little out of sorts due to the time change, but I also know I will quickly get used to it. It’s funny because when I travel eastward to New York and other areas in the EST, I don’t feel this sluggish. Like I said above, I will quickly get used to it. I will also get used to the near 60 degree weather we are expecting tomorrow; I am not sure how long it is going to last, but for us in the Northern part of the U.S. it is very welcome to stay as long as it wants.

I am not sure if it’s just me, but I can feel a different kind of energy from people who I work with as well as people who I have talked to during the past 24 hours. They are a little more upbeat than beat up…I know the next step. We will see neighbors out on their lawns, kids riding bikes, and the local park will spring back to life like it did yesterday. I did take it a little too far by not wearing a jacket---it was a lot colder than I thought it was going to be. But, that’s okay, I survived!

One thing we have yet to experience so far, and perhaps that’s because we just saw the last remnants of snow leave our community, are the buds, blossoms and blooms of plants coming back to make our world beautiful. They can’t be far behind.

The photo above was taken at the Morton Arboretum outside Chicago. The bloom of flowers rising upward is surefire sign of spring. Even if we get a late snowfall, and we likely will, they tend to make it through unscathed. So Mother Nature, bring it on…we are ready and looking forward to months and months of the weather we wait for every year.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment