Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

T.G.I.F.


I do like Friday’s. I also enjoy Saturday’s and Sunday’s. Wednesday and Tuesday are tough at times, but Thursday is probably the most challenging. Forget about Monday, we all know about that day. So, that sums up my week. Actually with the way the days, weeks and years fly by, I appreciate every day. It’s because of my commute that makes the weeks seem a little longer, but that’s okay, I have a great job.

Today one of my friends, who also commutes, but even a longer distance than I do (he travels 2 hours each way to work) is running late. Not his fault, it turns out the trains that originate in his town each morning were somehow on the wrong tracks. We were sending e-mails back and forth and I said, “better to have them on the right tracks starting out then let them go along their merry old ways on the wrong tracks.” He agreed. Worse case scenario, he is 15 minutes late.

This weekend is going to be different for our family. My wife and two of our kids left for a trip of a lifetime today; combined with when my other kids leave, they will be gone for the longest period of time we have been a part. All of my friends have said, “you are going to have a blast,” but I also know the house is going to be very quiet; I think I will be able to live with that after all. Thinking about it, no yelling, plenty of hot water, and I can have whatever I want to eat every night. And then if I want, I can have it the next night too. Wow, this is going to be better than I thought.

One thing I do know I am going to do is take a ton of pictures. With spring right around the corner, and our world coming back to life, the opportunity for shooting pictures is at its peak. I was a bit disappointed to hear the horserace track will not be open until the end of next month, but I can live with it.

This weekend we are zoo bound. My two youngest and I are going to visit with the giraffes, elephants and penguins. Some of our favorites, and chances are you just might see some of these photos soon in “Snap.Shot.” At our zoo there is incredible access to the animals. No you can’t go in the cages, but that’s it, there are no cages. The ability to shoot photos with out a screen, bars, or barrier, makes the experience that much better---for myself and the girls.

The photo above was taken of a mother Polar Bear at Brookfield Zoo. This photo was taken about 3 months after the introduction of her cub, Hudson, to the general public. It’s no wonder she is exhausted. With all of the photos being taken, and having to keep up with a rambunctious cub, you are going to be pooped. Kind of the way I feel right now---T.G.I.F.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment