Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Penguin.


If you have not figured out what I did this past weekend, then you are not a frequent reader of “Snap. Shot.” We went to the zoo and had a really good time. We saw the lions, tigers, but no bears…oh no. They were in a secluded area as they are being transferred to a new home in the zoo, but it has yet to open.

When I went to work today I was talking with an associate and asked, “Do you ever go to the zoo?” He said, “Yeah about once a summer or so.” I said, “We go pretty often, I would say at least 25 times per year.” He thought I was kidding, but I wasn’t.

We did see some interesting sites however when we went. We saw a tiger that lost its tail, a leopard hiding up in probably one of the smallest crevices I have ever seen, and of course, we saw the fish with the huge mouth. (Probably one of the funniest pictures I have taken while at the zoo in quite a while.)

While we were there I must have been asked by my daughters at least 10 times if we could please buy one of the plastic molded animals. We've bought everyone at least once over the years; as you might guess, they don’t even make it out of the car before they are no longer wanted. So, I said, “How about we go on the carousel?” They knew the answer to the molded plastic animal because going on the carousel is one of the traditions when we go to the zoo. That, and having a snack at one of the eateries, and of course seeing the monkeys in the smelly monkey house. I sure hope they remember these times when they grow up!

The photo above was taken at one of the houses we do not visit each time we go to Brookfield zoo; I actually had to convince them to go because one of us (me) wanted to take a picture of a penguin. I have always thought penguins were some of the oddest creatures---I suspect it was either from my Batman days when Burgess Meredith played the penguin, or watching “The March of the Penguin’s Movie.” No matter which one moved me to want to see them on Saturday, unlike these unique creatures, I was not dressed for the occasion. I had red and blue on---not black and white.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment