Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The chase.


For many of us, staying ahead of the game is the way we have to play everyday life. Life moves forward at a brisk pace, and we either are out in front, or we are passed by. I know both sides of this situation---being out in front is a lot better than the second option.

In the business world, and in everyday life, I see a lot of people and situations where people are looking to move out in front when they really have no reason to do so. They feel it's important to be #1 (I have seen it with parents who want to live their lives vicariously through their children's lives) and in business when it is believed that the more you push someone away, the more they will want to get closer to you. These are people I find interesting to be around, and in some morbid fashion, the ones I like to photograph.

Why would you ask?

Because as a photographer you see people in a number of different ways; you see their true sides when they want to look good and they are so appreciative when you make them look better. By the way, you can do the opposite, but why bother? I won't.

The photo above was taken at the Missouri Tigers football game two years ago. Sitting in the stands with many of my fraternity brothers from long past, I was able to "level the playing field" with many people who I lived with 30+ years ago who like the quarterback above---were always running ahead of the pack and forgetting how important it is to stop and smell the roses.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment