Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just a little off the top.


In the not too distant future, my youngest daughter will be getting her hair cut. Not something that would normally generate much attention, but this will be her second haircut. Ever. She will be turning 6 in October and I think the last time she had a haircut was more than a year ago. Funny thing, it still looks really good. She has really cool hair, kind of wavy with a lot of texture---in other words, she has killer hair.

One thing she does, and I have no idea how she handles this, but when she is not paying attention, her hair will fall into her face. That would really bother me, but with her personality and carefree way, you would have no idea if she notices it or not.

Have her turn around and you will see her hair is ¾ of the way down her back. Get it wet and let it straighten out and it’s much longer. As one who would no longer be able to grow his hair that long---unless it was a major comb over in several different directions---looking at all that hair kind of amazes me.

Many years ago, when I was in my teens, I had my haircut and to say it was a bad cut would be an understatement; it was horrible and I suffered with that darn haircut for six months. That would be six long months. Once it grew back I was very careful to never let that happen again. Now as I look at my hair, I realize that awful cut left me with longer hair than I have today.

So what will we do with all of her hair? I have to believe at least 9 inches will be removed once the scissors begin their journey. If that amount is removed, and knowing there are many young girls who would love to have their hair back, we will likely donate it to “Locks of Love.” Knowing Sophie, our youngest, she will be very proud to hand it over. I will be proud of her!

The photo above was taken recently near Milwaukee, WI---if I could read this horse’s mind, which I am not able to, I believe he would be saying, “please let me get a hair cut…these bangs are really bothering me.” I agree with him---it would really bug me. But then again, I don’t have that problem---my bangs are long gone.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment