Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer meets fall.


It’s hard to believe the summer is winding down. Full of memories and moments that made my favorite time of the year as enjoyable as I remember it always to be. There is little doubt I’ll have similar feelings in January when it’s snowy and cold outside---but when the summer ends, all hope is not lost, now comes “photography time.” (That would be “Miller Time” but in this case for photography.)

Before it all ends, and the flakes start to fall, I am hoping to have photographed the changing of the seasons, high school football, little league sports and thousands of other pictures; that’s the most fun, because you have no idea what you’ll be shooting. There is little doubt, the most beautiful photos will be the change of seasons. Fall colors explode on cue and make a once average looking tree into a virtual masterpiece. It’s too bad the colors don’t last long---you can blame that on Mother Nature.

Before all of this happens, the game of football awaits. I photographed my first “real games” last year---I learned being so close to the field (I was on it) is why people are so “into” this sport. The yelling, singing, and bands all happening at the same time are unlike any experience I have encountered. In fact, when they all come together, and you are shooting photos on the field, you can’t hear a darn thing. It’s all muffled. The most important memory of last season was the success of our local team---they went from an average team one year to the state playoffs the next. Did I feel closer to them by having photographed part of their journey? You bet I did. So did others in our town.

If you will recall from a previous “Snap. Shot.” the team didn’t end up carrying the trophy home, but they truly walked away winners. Their determination and drive was contagious---I have no idea what will be happening this season, but I will be there snapping away with my trusty Nikon.

This weekend one of the most anticipated events will be happening along the lakeshore; it’s the annual air and water show. If you have been to this mega-event, you know it is amazing. I have only been to the practice days as the crowds are ridiculous. I thought the Blackhawk’s victory parade was crowded…this event makes it look like a small social gathering. Provided all goes well---it doesn’t rain---I will be taking photos on Friday. Provided things go really well, you will see the photos on “Snap.Shot.”

The photo above is of my youngest daughter’s bike. Along with a balloon—she wanted to make sure we could find it---we parked and went to grab a bite at a local restaurant. There is something about spring, summer and fall that brings out the best in what life has to offer—I am sure one day I will say this about winter, but I am still looking for rationale.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment