Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Does anyone really know what time it is?


For some crazy reason, and I don’t know why, I love clocks. Again, I have no idea why. When I worked at one company I actually had more than 15 clocks in my office. One had the correct time, and I always knew which one to look at when I was trying to make a meeting, catch a train, or figure out if it was lunch time.

One of the worst things about having so many clocks is when we have our time change in the fall or spring. I would come in and have to change all 15 of them. At that point they would all have the same time as I would replace the batteries—but the batteries would all die out during the 6 months until the next time change. (The one that was correct was a plug in by the way.)

What I think is interesting is how most people don’t even use clocks, or watches, any longer; they depend on their cell phones. No one else in my family wears a watch. They carry their phones and check them when they need the “correct” time. It’s not fun when they lose it or are sure that they didn’t misplace it---they always say, “someone must have taken it. “ (We have insurance on all of our phones, except mine.)

The photo above was taken at a company where I have a cube; the owner of the company is a friend of mine and she has been gracious enough to let me use her office space when needed. When you walk in you are greeted by this large clock that fits into one of the window compartments. It makes sense as the company name is SpaceTime. By the way, if you ever need media planning or placement, this is the place to call. They are real pros. (That’s a plug by the way.)

What I like most about the photo is the depth of field; you see everything. From the flower to the clock to the Trump Tower---all looking out on Chicago. One of the most beautiful cities in the world---on a nice day.

Well, it’s 8:55AM and we are pulling into train station. How do I know? I checked my clock on the computer.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment