Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Multi-tasker.


Remember when we didn't have a fax machine? A VCR? Or get this...a cell phone? Yes there was a time when we didn't have to worry about handling 2 projects at a time yet alone 6 or 7 as we do today. The other day I was driving on the highway and saw a woman texting. No big deal you say. She was texting someone next to her who was also driving; they both held up their BlackBerry's and laughed. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it.

We are in a time when doing more than one thing is not just the norm, it's the expected. How many times have you been on your computer, talking on the phone and having lunch? It might be gross to the person on the other end of the phone but we have things to get done. I have also been in private areas (think bathrooms) when people are engaged in a conversation on their phones while involved in another activity. I mean come on, do we really not have time any longer for life's necessities?

We move at a very fast rate because technology has allowed us to. We want to be in constant touch because we feel the need. We need to get over it.

That's why I loved the picture above. Here is Mr. Martin Hippie who is not only running for public office but also runs a farm stand---and his home is his campaign headquarters! Now that is a multi-tasking household. I assume if he doesn't win he still has a job as the farm stand sign appears to have been there first. I think the word "And" was added after Mr. Hippie decided to run for the County Board in District 8. (It's a different type face.)

Many of us have become very proficient at multi-tasking. As I write this blog I am watching the stock report, thinking about tomorrow's work and wondering what's going to be for dinner?

I guess we need to slow down, but what will we do with all of the free time? I'll get back to you when I have an answer, I have stuff to do.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment